Tax Credits

Delcor offers many Trane products that are eligible for residential energy credits.

If you purchase certain types of HVAC systems or make other energy-related improvements to your home, you may be eligible for an energy tax credit.

Delcor offers many products that are eligible for residential energy credits. Whether you’re shopping for a new system or you recently upgraded, it’s important to factor in the money you could be saving in the long run. Ask you Delcor representative for more information.


The federal government offers energy efficiency tax credits for Qualified HVAC improvements.

For qualified HVAC improvements, homeowners may be able to claim 25C tax credits equal to 10% of the installed costs (up to $500 maximum). The extended tax credit is in effect for all qualifying systems and products installed during the 2012 through 2016 calendar years and expires on December 31, 2016. For the most updated federal energy tax credit information, be sure to consult with a professional tax expert.


How to apply for a tax credit

Subject to IRS regulations, tax credits apply as a direct reduction of taxes owed. To apply for an energy efficient tax credit, you need to submit Form 5695 when you file taxes. Also, save the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement for your records. Be sure to consult your tax professional for advice on taking advantage of energy efficient tax credits and for advice on and/or assistance with tax preparation.